Sunday, March 11, 2012

Minor rarities..

Weather has stayed very similar now almost a week, strong northern wind has keeped mistnetting very challenging. However, there are birds around and we catch 100-140 birds daily. Chiffchaffs are still the most numerous ones.
We have done some birding during afternoons and especially yesterday afternoon trip was very successful. We started birding with a challenging Wheatear near IBRCE gate which we consider to be a Pied Wheatear. At k20 we had another Wheatear which was more easy to id as a Cyprus Wheatear. We also went to Amran's Pillars to add Sinai Rosefinch for Dutch guys' liferlists.
Crested Honey Buzzard is hanging at the Eilat northern date palm plantations and Brown Booby and Kittiwake at NB. I guess that's all worth mentioning now. Wind should turn to south soon so we are waiting what kind of changes are about to come with birds.
I have to admit that I'm very satisfied to my new camera lens, although I don't know much about photographing =)



Pied Wheatear. We had many photos of this bird and after
checking them we id this bird as Pied.



Cyprus Wheatear.


Citrine Wagtail.


Sinai Rosefinch.