Later in the afternoon we went to Yotvata and saw 3 Caspian Plovers, 120 Bimaculated Larks, 2 Pallid Harriers, Merlin, 3 Lesser Kestrels, hundreds of Short-toed Larks and Yellow Wagtails and other basic stuff. Well, that's all about from the last days. No other special birds have been caught.
In the evening of Friday 18th I was opening nets for Swallow catching and I saw a lonely Greylag Goose coming from the south and starting to circle around the ringing station lake. I shouted everybody to see it as I did know that this is something unusual here, although it's just a Greylag Goose. Everybody saw it and finally it landed to roost in our lake. What a surprise! Great Israeli tick and and afterwards I was told that it is a big rarity in Eilat =)
Today is the opening day for Eilat Spring migration Festival so during next week there will be lot of birders around Eilat. Something nice will be found.
Little Crake, male. Today I borrowed Toen's 400mm lens and managed to get some photos of this nice male parva which has been spending time nearby pools.
Ménétries's Warbler, adult male of subspecies rubescens.
