Finally I had time for
Tarsigers again. For this morning I chose a place near my working area. I knew there must be some
Tarsigers because last year I ringed two males there. I hoped to retrap one of those birds this year but all the birds I saw now were not ringed. Totally I had 4 males and 1 female there. I managed to catch one adult male.
Red-flanked Bluetail (Tarsiger cyanurus) adult maleSummer 2010 male number 6.
The breast and head pattern.
The pattern of GCs. Seemed to be quite typical for adult male.
The pattern of PCs and ALs. This bird is one of thoseadult males that have quite deep blue fringes in AL 1-2.
The tail pattern. TFs are fresh and have very nice androunded tips typical of adult males. The difference in
the shape of tips between 2nd cy and adult males is
the clearest in the central pair.