Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Eilat 11th - 27th March 2013

This spring I was able to spend only 2,5 weeks in Eilat ringing station. Anyway, it's always worth going there. It's not only the birds but especially the people there in the station. So thanks again all the staff and volunteers in the station and all my other Israeli friends I could meet there! You made my trip again very enjoyable. Hope best for the rest of the season for Markus Lampinen and other ringers there!

This spring Eilat was not that filled with birds than last year. But we still ringed some nice birds and almost every afternoon me and Markus went out to desert to do some birding. We managed to find many lifers and Israeli ticks for Markus and also for me one lifer and two Israeli ticks. I took lot of photos but so far I haven't had time to browse them very carefully so here follows some that I just picked quickly.

Blue-cheeked Bee-eater

Subalpine Warbler

Cyprus Wheatear
Desert Eagle Owl
Short-toed Eagle

Trumpeter Finch

Temminck's Lark

Namaque Dove

Pale Rock Sparrow

Eastern Imperial Eagle