I made my traditional trip to Tankar Bird Observatory island. This year I had almost all the time only storng western winds that is not very good for birds to come to this island. I ringed only 717 birds. Most of them were Long-tailed Tits and Fieldfares (there were lot of different berries on island). Goldcrests were missing completely. Now I ringed only twenty of them as normally you can have 300-500 of them in good days.
As there were not too many birds to ring, I had time to watch seabirds and check the whole island carefully almost daily. I saw some minor rarities like 3 Yellow-browed Warblers, 1 Pallas's Leaf Warbler, 2 White-billed Divers, 1 Little Auk (thanks to Toni I got a lifer!!) and 1 Great Northern Diver (a new species for the island). Most of the time I was there alone but Toni and Jürgen visited shortly to prevent me to become mad as being the only person on the whole island for days..
 |
| Hawk Owl. |
 |
| Redpoll, adult female with Norwegian ring. Was ringed one year earlier close to Tromsø city. |
 |
| Tengmalm's Owl. |
 |
| Little Spotted Woodpecker, 1cy male. |
 |
| Two-barred Crossbill, 1cy male. |
 |
| Siberian Chiffchaff, 1cy. |
 |
| Hawk Owl, secondaries of 1cy. |
 |
| Hawk Owl, rectrices of 1cy. |
 |
| Hawk Owl, secondaries of adult. |
 |
| Hawk Owl, rectrices of adult. |
 |
| Respect. |