It has been almost a month from the last post. After that I haven't done much birding so there's not too much to tell. Some CES ringing has been done without any uncommon birds but still quite nice variety of species including many Blyth's Reed and Marsh Warblers. Last time when I went to Laajalahti to do ringing with Pepe, Jarkko and Vilppu, the total was 109 birds.
Two weeks ago we went to Estonia and participated in Estonia Open bird race which took place at Saarenmaa island. It was nice birding in a completely new area for me. Thanks to Tomppa, Petteri and Jarkko for a great company! More about the bird race itself you can read from
Tomppa's and
Petteri's blog.
Last week I went to Ämmässuo to watch gulls. There was one interesting gull that my friend Petteri Hytönen immediately found among the Herring Gulls. After checking the photos, this bird actually looks quite good for 1cy Caspian Gull.
 |
| 1cy Caspian Gull. This bird has some problem in his throat. |
 |
| 1cy Caspian Gull. |
 |
| 1cy Caspian Gull. |
|