Thursday, August 15, 2013

Recent birding

Has been a while from last post. I have been busy with my work and haven't done very exciting birding recently. My birding has been more or less only gull watching in rubbish dump and some CES ringing every 1,5 weeks. I haven't met any Caspian Gulls this autumn but me and Pepe found one interesting gull 24th of July from Ämmässuo rubbish dump. It's probably a juvenile Yellow-legged Gull.

During last month I have done 3 CES ringing mornings but nothing very interesting has been caught. Juvenile Blyth's Reed Warblers are always nice and I have had them in every morning I've been ringing there.

1cy Blyth's Reed Warbler.

Possible 1cy michahellis.

Possible 1cy michahellis.

Possible 1cy michahellis.

Possible 1cy michahellis.

I twitched this long-staying Lesser Grey Shrike in Liperi on my way to Kajaani..

Catching insects..

Adult Black Kite in Ämmässuo.

Female Blue-winged Teal in Polvijärvi. I twitched also this on my way to Kajaani.